Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22nd Leaderboard Update

Congrats to Team 51 Crazy Horse for leading the way this week.  

One of the ultimate trail riding "races" happened this past weekend.  It is the Tevis Endurance Race.  http://www.teviscup.org/  It is a race of 100 miles within 24 hours.  The winner came in at 16.57 hours on a horse that looked like he could go another 100 miles.  WOW is all I can say!  While he was riding his 100 miles on Saturday, I was enjoying a 10 mile ride with friends.  I'm sure I enjoyed my ride just as much as he enjoyed his :-)  All of us in the Derby Race, may not be doing a 100 mile riding day, but we sure enjoy our days of riding; be it 1 mile or 10.  This week looks good for riding with some nicer weather, so enjoy it while you can. 

 Happy trails :-)



3 comments:

  1. WHOO! I love this DD thing! Heading to Wyoming to ride at Hat Creek Ranch with a wonderful group of folks, including the owners, Peter and Trina Campbell. I am SO overwhelmed and excited to have this opportunity to challenge myself and my horse with the totally new surroundings and experiences we are sure to encounter. Hoping for wifi, but not sure if I'll be able to keep in touch with the DD while I'm out there. I love to jump into other people's profiles and read about their rides and the horses they love.

    Happy trails everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth! Whether one-mile or one-hundred - it's all about enjoying the ride! Ride On DD Riders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it is apparent, I will have to kick up my game, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to have to add the word verification. The spammers are hitting this site hard!