Thursday, December 13, 2012

Team 36 - Snover

 

This is my first time for this.  I have owned horses all my life.  My Dad was the person responsible for my love, respect and knowledge of horses.

I have 2 bay geldings.  Wheeler who will be 24 in 2013, but please don’t tell him that. (He thinks he is 6) Wheeler is a wonderful horse with tons of personality and energy, he loves to run barrels work cattle and of course trail riding.  My other guy is Brownie, who is a Foundation quarter horse and of course bay.  I have owned him for about 18 months, he is a very sweet little guy with tons of love he just has not been treated kindly by some of his former owners.  Therefore poor Brownie is afraid of strangers!  He is my baby now and it has taken him a long time to get to that point.  Brownie is the first horse I have ever owned that does not like to go fast.  He is a perfect trail horse and does not do too bad in the show pen.  Both of these “bay boys” are my special guys.  No other horse will ever take the place of my dear sweet palomino Jessie R.IP., but these two guys certainly will always have a place in my heart.

As for me, I’ve had the pleasure of having a horse or horses since I was 6 years old.  I love to compete in horse shows, barrel races and I just plain love to ride.  Horses for me are a way of life, although my husband thinks of it as a disease I refer to it as my “passion”.

 

.

2 comments:

  1. 2.10 miles on Saturday 1/19/2013. pasture riding with friends the wind was brisk and chilly but horses and people had a great time. not so sure the cows we harassed had fun, but what the heck else do cows have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miles to date 2.10

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to have to add the word verification. The spammers are hitting this site hard!